Plylite 15"

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tatts2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plylite 15"
    Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 11:08pm
tatts2 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

How would this be for a first time buyer.
Anything to look out for.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=717310662
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rahui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 7:29am
rahui View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

we had one in the 80s, 15ft fiby with  I think 55 jono, just a solid wee fishing boat for inshore work

IC from Boat city will tell you everything you want to know about them
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 8:41am
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

We had a Plylite Fisherman as our first boat.  The main thing I'd have said to check was the floor, but this one has been done.  I noticed that the windscreen is missing, so it could be a bit wet & windy when driving.  They are a good solid boat, but not the best riding hull.  We had a sea nymph 146 next and to be honest I'd recommend that over the Plylite, it was a much better ride.  In a small chop we could only do 10-12 knots in the Plylite, and that was a rough ride.  But in a similar chop the seanymph was happy to skip over it as more like 20 knots and still give a better ride. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 8:42am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

How would this be for a first time buyer.
I think u need to ask the correct question....
Putting aside that or any boat, what is your intention?
local coastal fishing? from where u intend to lauch, where do u envisage heading out to fish or whatever?
 bit of water sking with the kids?
Will the kids wife etc fit on safe (and feel safe), and be able to have a picnic on one of the islands, even if chops up on the way home?
 an over nighter with the missus?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Olfart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 9:13am
Olfart View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Best to save a few more dollars and look for something that will ride better over the chop.  Bottom line...while you may be relatively comfortable bouncing around in a short chop, your passenger(s) may not - especially if they happen to be of the feminine variety.
Sea Nymph V146 boats enjoy a huge rep on here as being safe and comfortable hulls for first time boaties (had one myself) and would definitely go that way again if I was starting out.
Semper in excreta sumus, solum profundum variat....