Best submersible trailer lights?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Aljay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best submersible trailer lights?
    Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 8:51pm
Aljay View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

My existing submersible lights are now not going to get a warrant due to alot of the LED's are now not working

The boat is 6m long so would be worth buying something with a 9m cable if possible

What is the best brand to buy?  Trojan, Hella ???

Any advice would be a big help
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Keeweechris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 8:54pm
Keeweechris View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I have hella, they are good, think they come with a pretty long warranty.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 9:07pm
Davo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hella x 2

I had to replace the lights on my 2012 surtees trailer after a few years of hard out dunking (850 hrs of boating) and have never looked back since going hella. Bright and reliable. I bought the sealed set and it was easy enough for me to install myself (it'd hv to be super easy for me to get it right first time)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Betty Boop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 9:13pm
Betty Boop View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hella x3 Thumbs Up
Last week I joined an Anti-Social support group........They won't talk to me!

Papamoa
fi-Glass Viscount
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MikeAqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 9:15pm
MikeAqua View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hella or Trojan.  I've have both and both good. Typically they come with separate cables for each unit, about 9m from memory.

My only criticism is my Trojan lights have yellowed in the UV light.  The Hella ones haven't done this.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Aljay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 9:28pm
Aljay View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Davo Davo wrote:

Hella x 2

I had to replace the lights on my 2012 surtees trailer after a few years of hard out dunking (850 hrs of boating) and have never looked back since going hella. Bright and reliable. I bought the sealed set and it was easy enough for me to install myself (it'd hv to be super easy for me to get it right first time)

Thanks Davo
What model Hella and where in Wgtn has them?

Thanks for the couple of Hoki the other week as well....owe you for them and haven't forgotten
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Aljay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 9:31pm
Aljay View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks everyone for all the great knowledge

Seems Hella are the go....just what model and do they have the number plate lamp integrated into the right hand light?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MikeAqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 9:34pm
MikeAqua View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I have Hella 2378.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 9:37pm
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I have ark ones fitted and no problem,easy to fit and seem to be fine only been on a year tho
i just want to go fishing..........amd ignore all my adult problems
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 10:04pm
Davo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

No worries Aljay and you dont owe me for them mate im always happy to share. it was good to see you. I'll get you the details for the lights and supplier and send them thru tmrw. Cheers

Ps yep the license plate light is built in
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 10:23pm
Davo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ok...had to go out to shed so i got the model no while i was there: 2395 6M

Got the set from transport wholesale ltd in seaview. They did a very sharp price from memory.

Chur
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Aljay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 10:31pm
Aljay View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Davo Davo wrote:

Ok...had to go out to shed so i got the model no while i was there: 2395 6M

Got the set from transport wholesale ltd in seaview. They did a very sharp price from memory.

Chur

Cheers Davo

will check TWL out

Thanks
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote red89mx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 10:45pm
red89mx View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I grabbed some Hella LEDs with 9m cable off TM from Fishcity 18 months ago, was about $120 from memory.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote edge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 11:31am
edge01 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

hellas the go. get the trailer pack. you get two tail lights and a number plate lamp and a couple of markers too I think from memory. last time I got a set they were still quite dear. they are bloody good though. BNT do good deals
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FISH 4 DINNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 2:27pm
FISH 4 DINNA View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

WR Twigg at 45A Waione Street on the way to Seaview are excellent for trailer parts .
They have a wide selection of trailer parts incl Hella kits
Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Aljay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 9:24pm
Aljay View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks all for the helpful/valuable info

Grabbed a couple of Hella submersible lights from WR Twigg at Waione St today

On special for $44 for LHS and $46 for RHS (+ GST) including 6 metre leads on each light

Spoke to guy serving me and he said they are on sale at 50% off at moment at WR Twiggs

Think they are models # 2394 and 2395

The RHS having the number plate light

Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yeahbuoy! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 10:53am
yeahbuoy! View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Does anyone know who stocks hella trailer lights in Hamilton??