Fyran Rebel Trailers

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Smurfy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fyran Rebel Trailers
    Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 11:04am
Smurfy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Has anyone had any problems with the Fyran rebel trailers recently? Apparently these were imported from China instead of being made here in NZ.  They are a pile of crap.  The LED lights have all failed and I have replaced those. Fyran paid for those as its still under warranty.  

The wheel bearing are leaking grease and a bearing collapsed on me. Replacement seals do not work as they are loose and do not stay on the hub. The problem now is that its difficult to get grease seals for them.

ANy one out there with same problem?  Thanks

Warning: if you get a Fyran from the factory make sure the trailer is a Road King, made in NZ!
So you're offended...oh dear how sad, never mind.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 11:53am
Dasher View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Have you considered replacing the hubs and stubs with Trojan? Its probably less expensive than trying to get further seals and bearing etc. ??

FYI, some of the earlier trailers supplied by Fyran were Voyager (USA made) and not much better than your China Import. I replaced the lights on mine with LED Waterproof units.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Smurfy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 4:10pm
Smurfy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yes I might have to do that.  Can I ask how much approx that would be?

Thanks for any info
So you're offended...oh dear how sad, never mind.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 4:17pm
Dasher View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

A quick search for trojan hubs n stubs on trade me showed this set for $110
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/other-accessories/auction-799170616.htm

Thats pretty typical cost
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 4:43pm
Dasher View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Here is a vid of the stub replacement - as you can see its easier to just replace the axle.
If you do it this way you can get your local engineering shop to weld up the new axle and you just have to swap out the old one.

Its gives you an idea what you have to do.