Frewza F14 v Fc430

Page  <1 456
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 6:39pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

hehe ur both competent anglers. 

on a serious note i dont think this would scientifically measure which is the better boat rofl.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 6:56pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Redfinger Redfinger wrote:

Yes totally agree Fiz - i might need some explosive device to compete.....

Would have to be on a home and away basis- might be a bit of a challenge for him when I put him in the inner harbour?? Although Wayne is a very proficient soft baiter.

Spent plenty of my early years s/b fishing the Rangi channel,waiheke etc.
shallower the better
Not keen on a comp,rather just fish and have a good time doing it
Imagine the up roar if we had a snapper fishing comp,would be people complaining about killing fish,about letting them go,about anything and everything....this place would go nuts
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 7:00pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

To me the thing that stands out here is the discussion about small boats,regardless of brand it's great there's guys getting out on the water in "small safe boats" that can in the right conditions go pretty much anywhere.
Look back a few years and I thought 6 mtrs was the minimum size to go to little barrier,last week I saw more small boats at anchorite than big boats .
Imagine where we will be in 5 years ?
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 9:02pm
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Agree re just a fun fish together Wayne - no comp - just because i'll lose!

A little worrying re small boats at anchorite - at the end of the day small boats are small boats. Although i am well known as a bit of a nana - i have been seen in my fc390 on the outside of the cable zone once or twice. At all of these times I have been very conscious of the weather and ready to bolt at a moments notice if I can detect a change in weather . (binocs are great and also close study of the shape and type of the clouds, direction travelling etc )
It doesn't take too much for things to go wrong and you are then relying on others who then risk themselves or at the very least greatly inconvenience them towing you back. It is interesting talking to people about boats at work - alot expect a 6m performance from a 4m boat!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Southern_Jez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2014 at 8:35am
Southern_Jez View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I have no idea about conditions and distances up north, however for comparison down here i hide behind Stewart Island for most of my fishing ... the run from Stewart Island to Bluff is about 1 hour in my boat, the other way is about 90 minutes as you go against the prevailing winds and current usually.

The image below shows (poorly) in yellow where i fish mostly, and in darker highlighting where we go when the weather allows, ie forecast calm conditions into the next day as well, and usually if we are doing overnighters camping on Stewart Islands northern shores. The areas in close to shore are readily accessible in average conditions depending on direction of wind, probably only looking at 10 minutes offshore around most of that.

Its not as rough as you might think behind Stewart Island, the prevailing sou-wester gets toned down by the island itself quite nicely, but at all times to have to be ready to pull lines and go home ... weather is about as reliable as a homeopathy doctors cure for ebola.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2014 at 10:16am
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by of2fsh of2fsh wrote:

To me the thing that stands out here is the discussion about small boats,regardless of brand it's great there's guys getting out on the water in "small safe boats" that can in the right conditions go pretty much anywhere.

i agree, 15 years ago in OZ prior to getting seriously sick and going broke, i had a 25ft bert and i considered that normal to go fishing in. i dont think id ever go back to big power boats, it makes zero sense to me as a non game fisherman. id much rather have a 40ft keeler towing a 10ft RIB to explore the hauraki gulf.

i think even the standard of most tinnies for flotation has improved, clearly with FC having gunwale and underfloor but many other brands have given it some more thought too.

if you can catch enough weight of fish flesh to compensate gas and assett depreciation outside having the time of your life, then thats what these small safe boats are enabling us.

well said 02.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2014 at 7:23pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by FizFisho FizFisho wrote:

Originally posted by of2fsh of2fsh wrote:

i agree, 15 years ago in OZ prior to getting seriously sick and going broke, i had a 25ft bert and i considered that normal to go fishing in. i dont think id ever go back to big power boats, it makes zero sense to me as a non game fisherman. id much rather have a 40ft keeler towing a 10ft RIB to explore the hauraki gulf.

i think even the standard of most tinnies for flotation has improved, clearly with FC having gunwale and underfloor but many other brands have given it some more thought too.

if you can catch enough weight of fish flesh to compensate gas and assett depreciation outside having the time of your life, then thats what these small safe boats are enabling us.

well said 02.

There's that thing again " flotation"
Are you looking for a boat that performs best when it's flooded and your bobbing around with a life jacket on ?
Why not look for the best boat for what you do offering maximum enjoyment ?
Then just fish within your capabilities,and enjoy the boat .
If I go out and catch no fish I'm still satisfied I've had a good day out,the " fun " factor of these boats sometimes outweighs the fishing .
Speaking of fun I'll do a fishing report tonite,had possibly the best weeks fishing ever

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Godders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2014 at 8:50pm
Godders View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

The Fc430 is an awesome boat I try to pick faults in it because I know alot of thought has gone into it but it is a really well designed boat.couldnt be happier.
Page  <1 456