Challenger fiberglass boats

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tusker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Challenger fiberglass boats
    Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 10:56am
tusker View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Haven't seen many of these about but heard and understand they are quite good??? Looking at the 550s actually wanted an Xtreme but cannot afford it....any views or info on the Challenger from current or past owners greatly appreciated...Cheers Tusker
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sarge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 9:40pm
sarge View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I have got a 650, got it new back in 2007. A very solid hull with no nasty habits, stable at rest, good in to the wind against tide short nasty chop, and very quiet under way.  Built like a tank, and nice finish. Been very happy with it.  Overall i think they are a quality boat, built by a small boat builder that did not have the marketing budget and output of the other well known fibreglass boat builders, so you dont hear much about them.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 10:03pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

There's one famous one - it won the tuts small boats last year and tied first in nautigals this year -its called Mako.  Hardtop has a big honda on back... fish magnet.  Great boats.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Bay Marine Electronics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2015 at 11:27am
Bay Marine Electronics View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I believe that Hutcheson Boatbuilders have got the molds for the Challenger boats - so they are still available new if anyone reading is interested....
0800 BAY MARINE www.baymarineelectronics.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mikap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2015 at 3:16pm
Mikap View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I've got a 595 2005 model, great boat we use it for fishing and diving from and playing around with biscuit, mainly beach launching, smooth quiet ride with plenty of room. Very well finished. I tried all the "Big" brands and settled for the Challenger for it superb ride and deck space.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2015 at 4:01pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I have a Challenger 680 HT, 2002, that is the same hull as the 720, but different hardtop shape, with a brand spankers (January 2014 I should say) 250 Suzuki on the back, Simrad NSS 12 chart/sounder and NSS9 Evo 2 dedicated fishfinder/chartplotter on dash, rebuilt trailer in december,  for sale if you want it.
Now I have my small tinny, I just wont be using it, even though I love the boat, shes a humdinger. Hell, havent even used the NSS9 evo II in anger yet, it really is brand new!
I think there are...ummmm... 50? 80? hours on the Suzuki.
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.