Frewza Alloy Pontoon Boats

Page  <1 129130131132133 195>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 11:45am
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Frewza Fest at the ramp yesterday, got some cool footage of Ritchie's F14 blasting out into the Tasman will post at some stage, it's great to see the same hull from another boat - man the F14 rides nicely, the deeper forefoot is so much more pronounced than the Stabicraft 14, you'll see when I get round to uploading it.

https://www.youtube.com/user/troutboynz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote terry66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2014 at 5:42pm
terry66 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

looking good! Part of me wonders whether I should have just ordered a F14 fisher instead of building a centre console still I can build to what works as I go!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fissure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 12:28pm
Fissure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

nice shots Mr.Flyfisher.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snuffit. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 1:43pm
Snuffit. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Just repowered my 4.1Hs with Yammie D30... bye bye Mercatsu. Cool
You cant eat my toast fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 1:55pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Looking forward to your footage of richies f14 blasting along Andrew. Cant wait.

Dont think that land looks like Tasmania. Dont you have a compass. Looks more like Peru to me. Still a great trip for a frewza either way.LOL

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 2:11pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Haha, John, could well be! Footage wil be a we way of as going to Singapore for work at the end of this week for 9 days. Nick, they are a sweet motor, probably the best 30hp you can get! Very smooth being a 3cyl and super reliable.

Terry66, nothing wrong with CC's - I have owned many and still would if it we're not for the god-awful weather that haunts Wellington on what seems a daily basis at present! Look forward to seeing progress on it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote treedoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 2:34pm
treedoc View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Sorry to hear you have to postpone the boat Dave, will be all the sweeter when December arrives though Cool
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Karlosnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2014 at 11:43am
Karlosnz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Snuffit. Snuffit. wrote:

Just repowered my 4.1Hs with Yammie D30... bye bye Mercatsu. Cool

Good choice mine goes great and have had no problems with the motor in over a yearWink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Southern_Jez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2014 at 2:36pm
Southern_Jez View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

MISSION ON!!!

Embarking on an adventure to Stewart Island tomorrow morning, any other Southland based Frewza owners (or any boat owners really) want to come along feel free to meet us at the Bluff public ramp at 9:45am. We will be taking off no later than 10:15am to make the most of slack tide getting across the strait. PM me if you are keen (will try and check this again in the morning before i leave the hosue, but i have a bit of organising to do tonight)

We will be overnighting at either Big Bungaree Bay or Port William. However if the afternoons fishing is awesome, we might just go to the pub at Halfmoon Bay ...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Chip'n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 10:43am
Chip'n View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Nice looking frewza with a 60 honda on the back down here at Condor marine in Papamoa, not sure if its worksucks after his comments in his edited post.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote terry66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 1:55pm
terry66 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Big ups to Frewza, I bought the deal on the F14 beach launch dingy with a 30hp merc, After it got here my requirements changed, I wanted electric start, trim tilt etc so I asked if they'ld take it back (the motor) and i'ld drop it off at Condor marine for them to fit to any boat ordered or delivered through them and they said sure!!! Big ups to Condor marine as well!!
They are going to refund on Monday but have to say great customer care and service!!!
Now I just have to decide on its replacement, 30hp 2014 Etec? or what? Thoughts? (other than me being a twat:-))
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote worksux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 4:59pm
worksux View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Chip'n Chip'n wrote:

Nice looking frewza with a 60 honda on the back down here at Condor marine in Papamoa, not sure if its worksucks after his comments in his edited post.

Nope not mine, But I'm going over to Papamoa tomorrow for a looksee at it, 
Things are looking brighter so will take the cheque book.Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 5:57pm
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Terry 66 - I have a mercury 30hp (Tohatsu 2 stroke) with electric start - bought last year but wanted power tilt and trim as well - am having fitted this week - Panther make an after market unit - not cheap though! See my thread in outboard clinic power tilt & trim for 30hp mercury. Not a heck of a lot of options if you want all the fruit with a small motor so the panther unit may be of interest sold by Tenob marine in NZ and you or local shop can fit Cheers.
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Godders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 6:52pm
Godders View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

These boats look good value for money and are well liked by the owners.why dont they sell them in Auckland.On trademe they are all in Invercargil.You can put some on my front lawn for sale if you like
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Southern_Jez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 12:27pm
Platinum
Platinum

well our mission to Stewart Island was scuttled by the fog dammit (and yes, Mon/Tues have been clear as bell each morning) ... still, spent a bit of time chatting to the fella who built my boat, and a brief chat with Brendon on the water, firmed up plans for the conversion to side-console ... now just a matter of sourcing a basic remote and cables (not worrying about electric start or trim/tilt). 

Ended up fishing both days still, stayed in close remaining very weary of the fog coming back in, caught a dozen cod, 2 trumpeter and a 68.5cm sea run trout (estimated 9.5lb, as we can't claim 10lb without actually measuring) ... cant say the fishing was a lot of fun, but we did eat well over the weekend.

Oh yeah, for those who think trout are a creature of subtleties, this guy was caught on a 55gm Hex lure, attached to 25lb leader, on 30lb braid, on my new Daiwa Mesh Max rod with a Saltist 30T reel ... he still put up a bit of a fight ;)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 12:35pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Mate, what a horse, huge length, looks to be very close to double figures if not over - in condition (depth) would be well over 15lbs, that's a cool old sea-runner! Was that bait fishing?!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Southern_Jez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 12:37pm
Platinum
Platinum

nah i was trolling a lure back in the harbour hoping against hope to cheer ourselves up after a crap day chasing cod ... goal achieved ;)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snuffit. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 12:38pm
Snuffit. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Freakin awesome markings! Great fish man!

Still haven't tested my 'new' [220 hours] motor on the water; hope we get a weather break this weekend. Yammie has permatrim so be interested in overall performance gain over the old  Mercatsu; should at least get better holeshot Star
You cant eat my toast fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 12:54pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice sea run S.J. Surely a rare catch anywhere. And a doz cod, couple of trumpeter ,and that sea run. Sounds like great fishing down your way.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snorter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2014 at 12:38pm
snorter1 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi Guys, Just wondering what the biggest motor is your seen on a F16 there was a guy around with a Honda 75 which weighs 162kgs. Its just I can currently source a motor for my new F16 at a awesome price but it weighs in at 150kg...I've sent request to Frewza as well but just wondered if anyone out there has a heavyweight on their F16. Appreciate any help.
Page  <1 129130131132133 195>