Frewza Alloy Pontoon Boats

Page  <1 132133134135136 195>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Karlosnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 10:11am
Karlosnz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Just a FYI on shipping I got my F14 dinghy shipped direct to Hosking trailers  in Albany last year for $750
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 10:20am
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

"i've currently a f14 with a 50hp honda that im ready to sell, and looking towards a f18 HT"

I bet it will be impossible to sell... you'll loose soooo much money, nobody wants 4.2m pontoon boats anymore?!... Wink
https://www.youtube.com/user/troutboynz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CBF-Whk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 10:51am
CBF-Whk View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi all

F 18 side consul
casting platform
twin bait tanks
built in tuna tubes
minkota trolling motor
twin downriggers
underfloor fuel tank
twin Nss9 screens
chirp, downvu, sidevu
Insight genesis

Better than sex lol.

CBF
Whk
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fissure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 11:03am
Fissure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by karlosnz karlosnz wrote:

Just a FYI on shipping I got my F14 dinghy shipped direct to Hosking trailers  in Albany last year for $750

that's cheaper than i paid to get mine shipped on a pallet to welly wharf. i went through frewza.

CBF, your selling an F18 side console?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CBF-Whk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 12:25pm
CBF-Whk View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Fissure Fissure wrote:

that's cheaper than i paid to get mine shipped on a pallet to welly wharf. i went through frewza.

No just dreaming about a next upgrade. I really need to get out fishing!!!!!!!!!!!!

CBF
Whk
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Spear-time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 5:56pm
Spear-time View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I cant remember exactly but it was over 1k for me to get f14 dinghy to hoskings at beginning of the year.
Big Thanks to karlosnz for letting me come check out his boat. another great frewza salesman there.
life begins where land ends
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rotate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 6:13pm
Rotate View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

iv seen a couple of F18 hardtops. the one i seen couple days ago had a 115 optimax on back of it.nice looking boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote demmett@slingshot.co.nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 6:59pm
[email protected] View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

$1410 from Frewza to Hoskings in Auckland last November!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 10:35pm
the angler View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

[QUOTE=pirate]
 Latest addition to the f16. Have 150mtrs of 5mm 3.5 tonne dyneema topshotted with 25mtrs of 8mm nylon rope plus chain with polyprop sock. As you can see it is over capacity and almost binding up between spool and anchor well/ base mount, not to mention nearly rolling off spool lip. will take topshot down to 10-15mtrs and braid to 120mtrs, should be about right. For those asking about the suzuki df70 my answer is it boogies and the f16 handles it no probs. Do notice the extra weight but quite suttle. Just hit 20hr service.
Btw nice footage once again FFWink[/is

How do you find trying to anchor on sign in deep water without free fall ? Say it drops 40 metres a minute and you are anchoring in 80 metres of water that's a couple of minutes to get down and in the mean time you have drifted a mile of the spot .
You would think it would be easy for them to have a disengage switch to drop the anchor quickly and accurately , kinda like a capstan set up does.........
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pirate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 11:34pm
pirate View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

[QUOTE=the angler] [QUOTE=pirate]
 Latest addition to the f16. Have 150mtrs of 5mm 3.5 tonne dyneema topshotted with 25mtrs of 8mm nylon rope plus chain with polyprop sock. As you can see it is over capacity and almost binding up between spool and anchor well/ base mount, not to mention nearly rolling off spool lip. will take topshot down to 10-15mtrs and braid to 120mtrs, should be about right. For those asking about the suzuki df70 my answer is it boogies and the f16 handles it no probs. Do notice the extra weight but quite suttle. Just hit 20hr service.
Btw nice footage once again FFWink[/is

How do you find trying to anchor on sign in deep water without free fall ? Say it drops 40 metres a minute and you are anchoring in 80 metres of water that's a couple of minutes to get down and in the mean time you have drifted a mile of the spot .
You would think it would be easy for them to have a disengage switch to drop the anchor quickly and accurately , kinda like a capstan set up does.........
[/QUOTE

Finally the angler has something constructive to say on the frewza threadShocked..
I go to my mark, do a dummy drift while timing est deployment of pick then mark. go up current of desired mark allocating drift projection relative to wind/current and press a button. Had plenty of practice jigging while on the drift in as deep as 115mtrs so have my deep spots pretty covered there bro .Your scenario is an assumption, lots of variables to consider. You would still have to do the above with a normal manual deployment to some extent if the current is running. What you fail to realise mr angler is space is limited on the f16 anchor well, hence the desire for a drumwinch, nice and tidy and compact. Only the savwinch and stressfree has a freefall function ( would stay away from the latter) and thay are 3x the price of my set up. The lonestars are solidly built with twin shaft bearings eliminating load on motor, solid shaft, lifetime warranty on water ingress on motor  all 316 stainless etc.. to many features to mention. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pirate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 12:07am
pirate View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Also forgot to add, with the f16 having no hatch ,instead a walkthru and walkaround.. it a bit dodgey walking when its a tad rough and the walkthru screen is more of a 'leanthru'.. simply put, a pain in the a-se to get any purchase retrieving the pick. I cant stand on the cargo barrier as my 90ltr icey tek is snug wedged there so no toe room on rail to get the elevation. drum winch ticked all the boxes.. maybe it might be slow to get down i will let you know next deep mish. Should be great in the shallower stuff straylining anyway especially with the chain guard keeping things quiet. Still plan on doing a lot of deep drift fishing. hmmm.. could be a watersnake gps next on the listWink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 7:00am
Titanium
Titanium

Gary and them reckon it's only really a berly pot or craypot winch as the real anchor winchs all have free fall , spose u get wot u pay for.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Karlosnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 11:26am
Karlosnz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Fissure Fissure wrote:

Just double checked the invoice was $750 stacked with another boat, if I remember correctly was $1500 if shipped with the Mudgeway trailer. 
I got my boat in June last year?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Karlosnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 11:28am
Karlosnz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Spear-time Spear-time wrote:

I cant remember exactly but it was over 1k for me to get f14 dinghy to hoskings at beginning of the year.
Big Thanks to karlosnz for letting me come check out his boat. another great frewza salesman there.

Sweet you got one, good choiceLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 11:45am
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I really like that anchor setup Pirate, looks awesome, always been a fan of drum winches.
https://www.youtube.com/user/troutboynz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pirate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 12:33pm
pirate View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by the angler the angler wrote:

Gary and them reckon it's only really a berly pot or craypot winch as the real anchor winchs all have free fall , spose u get wot u pay for.

Do you mean Gary and them that wet themselves in hysterics at your failed retrieve on your old vintage glass tub with the dodgy trailor?.. Get what you pay for i spose. Funnily enough Gary and his foreman (who installed it) were impressed with the lonestar, thought it was made really solid.. so i guess one of us telling porkies. With deepwater anchoring in mind, it wasnt primarily installed because of that, more so for ease of anchoring. Gonna be awesome for solo mishes too, I won,t have to leave the helm and crawl through a cluttered cabin to open latch and use capstan to manually feed in rope like your set up ay bud
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Contract Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 3:20pm
Contract View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by flyfisher flyfisher wrote:

I really like that anchor setup Pirate, looks awesome, always been a fan of drum winches.

Until I got my new boat, I had never even noticed them. I now don't know how I ever did without one !
They have come more into their own with the new techno braid available these days. 1/2 the diameter can give twice the breaking strain.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 8:02pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by pirate pirate wrote:

Do you mean Gary and them that wet themselves in hysterics at your failed retrieve on your old vintage glass tub with the dodgy trailor?.. Get what you pay for i spose. Funnily enough Gary and his foreman (who installed it) were impressed with the lonestar, thought it was made really solid.. so i guess one of us telling porkies. With deepwater anchoring in mind, it wasnt primarily installed because of that, more so for ease of anchoring. Gonna be awesome for solo mishes too, I won,t have to leave the helm and crawl through a cluttered cabin to open latch and use capstan to manually feed in rope like your set up ay bud

Hehe yeah I dunno they seemed pretty impressed with how it came straight on the trailer yesterday with no assistance at all smooth as silk but hey you do claim that a full cradle is essential on a mellow boat ramp to load a 16 ft tinny     .
Just stating the obvious about a " ANCHOR WINCH" that doesn't have a free fall option.
But hey keep polishing that turd till it's nice and shiny.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pirate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 9:05pm
pirate View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by pirate pirate wrote:

Hehe yeah I dunno they seemed pretty impressed with how it came straight on the trailer yesterday with no assistance at all smooth as silk but hey you do claim that a full cradle is essential on a mellow boat ramp to load a 16 ft tinny     .
Just stating the obvious about a " ANCHOR WINCH" that doesn't have a free fall option.
But hey keep polishing that turd till it's nice and shiny.

I must of hit a nerve. dude the fnet fraternity will find out your a hoax eventually, give up your spoiling a good thread  

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 9:51pm
Titanium
Titanium

Hey don't shoot the messenger , will you take all the fruit off the frewza before you sell it and put it on the surtees or just start again from scratch.
Page  <1 132133134135136 195>