Frewza Alloy Pontoon Boats

Page  <1 150151152153154 195>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Firecatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 12:28pm
Firecatcher View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks everyone, the advice from you all are awesome
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote letsgetem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 1:43pm
letsgetem View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Viz jigstar - the F14 anchor bin was increased in size in 2012. I think the adverse comments were about the small size of the bin before this. I got the bigger bin - which is shallow, but very wide - I think plenty big enough.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kiwis fly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 2:18pm
Kiwis fly View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Southern_Jez Southern_Jez wrote:

Ran into kiwisfly south of Bluff today. How did you up mate? Hope it didn't get too bumpy for the ride home, was coming in at a horrid angle for me, got well wet, still worth it for 3kg of cod fillets though. Will have to try and link up for a trip to Ruapuke someday, my dive buddy is keen to head back out there soon.

Hey Jez...Well ended up with about 13 cod though didn't have too much success after you left as the tides turned quite a bit and yes it was a rough rise in though these F14 fishers are awesome in these conditions :-) and yes I will be keen to venture out further with you sometime!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jettin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 11:41pm
Jettin View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Lone Star Lone Star wrote:

Yes it is looking good, will be even nicer to hear that motor start on Friday though! The guys at Havens are doing a good job so very happy

What's the benefits of nano coating as opposed to getting it painted?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZFisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 10:36am
NZFisher View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hey Ian,

I finally came and had a look at whats up in the F.net Frewza-world - and there's 'my' boat :)
Trust she's doing you well!

I can confirm the F18 hardtop is AWESOME! I'm not surprised, they make such a  great boat the F18 hardtop was never going to let me know.
Only a few small missions so far, but it's done really well. 

If anyone has questions about the F18 hardtop - feel free to PM me, Derrick.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Davo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 11:07am
Davo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Any chance you could post a pic of your F18 NZ Fisher? How tall is it on the trailer? How wide is it? 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mashinator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 11:41am
mashinator View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

What about a report on ride, handling etc
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lone Star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 12:12pm
Lone Star View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Jettin Jettin wrote:

Originally posted by Lone Star Lone Star wrote:

Yes it is looking good, will be even nicer to hear that motor start on Friday though! The guys at Havens are doing a good job so very happy

What's the benefits of nano coating as opposed to getting it painted?

I didn't want to go the painted option, I quite like the nyalic look but don't like the look when it is eaten off with petrol etc. The nano clear coating gets into the pores of the aluminium once they are opened up with the acid wash and is resistant to fuel/sunscreen etc. so will not wear off as easily either

here is the latest pics of the boat, still got the name and Frewza stickers to go on but it is getting there. Took it for a test ride on Friday to check the engine and it runs extremely well and is a very dry riding boat.

The LED strip lights in the gunwale pockets and under the bimini have made a great addition to the boat.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 12:50pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Those LED's look so cool I'd be going fishing at night just for an excuse to put them on.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rotate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 12:58pm
Rotate View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yeap they look rad.just went past it at havens.was going to mention it looks slightly Matt but that must have been the acid wash.
what's it getting fitted now?can't be far off.looks so cool.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Lone Star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 1:12pm
Lone Star View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

just getting a few final adjustments made - axle needs moving back on trailer and the boat is riding forward on the trailer up the V block and the baitboard needs adjusting so motor can lift right up

Nearly there now though
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rotate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 1:27pm
Rotate View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

awesome just in time before the temp starts dropping away and snapper move back down to my stomping grounds lol.
really like the layout of the console dash also.
i ended up adding couple extra vertical rod holders in transom so when change lures over etc could pop rod in them.probably wont be something you will know where you want untill after couple trips but thought id mention it as you already have boat getting worked on.one ever side of the bait board as i normally have jigs etc laid out on bait board.can never have to many rod holders.i quite often on any given trip take 3-4 setups lol
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lone Star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 1:34pm
Lone Star View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yes looking forward to the winter fishing ahead that's for sure. Very happy with the console, if I did not have the extra additions made to it, it would not have worked.
I have two rod holders in the corner and two in the baitboard, cant put any rod holders in transom beside the bait board as my batteries are located there. I have 14 rod holders on the boat already so I should be ok...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snuffit. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 1:41pm
Snuffit. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thumbs Up
You cant eat my toast fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rotate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 1:53pm
Rotate View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Sweet as.yea I wouldn't have needed the transom one if my bait board had rod holders.was getting annoying changing lures using the holders in corner as they angled back.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote terry66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 7:17pm
terry66 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Those lights are the bomb, very blingy
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 9:56am
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Very nice Lone Star!!! 

Just on the sonar via smartphone, I'd off the bat say, waste of time simply due to processing power, but currently being sent one of the 'deeper' models out of the USA to field test in NZ, so will hold off judgement until I get to put it through it's paces. If you can believe the reviews it looks to be one of the more 'polished' products of it's type.

http://https://buydeeper.com/deeper

Will be pairing with Samsung Galaxy Alpha. Will post some pics / video.
https://www.youtube.com/user/troutboynz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MikeAqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 12:56pm
MikeAqua View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Looks awesome
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote John_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 1:10pm
John_B View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by flyfisher flyfisher wrote:

Very nice Lone Star!!! 

Just on the sonar via smartphone, I'd off the bat say, waste of time simply due to processing power, but currently being sent one of the 'deeper' models out of the USA to field test in NZ, so will hold off judgement until I get to put it through it's paces. If you can believe the reviews it looks to be one of the more 'polished' products of it's type.

http://https://buydeeper.com/deeper

Will be pairing with Samsung Galaxy Alpha. Will post some pics / video.

just watched the you tube vid. Andrew

so you park up the Frewza in a nice sheltered spot in the harbour, put yer feet up, make a cup of tea, and send the little remote out looking for fish? Like it!!! Smile

might struggle in a 3m swell out at the Trench though LOL

. . . 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote John_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 1:12pm
John_B View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

oh Yes and I'm now agonising over images of hundreds of those little remotes scooting around Lake O
Page  <1 150151152153154 195>