Frewza Alloy Pontoon Boats

Page  123 195>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Spearsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Frewza Alloy Pontoon Boats
    Posted: 06 May 2008 at 7:34pm
Spearsniper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Has anyone seen a Frewza pontoon boat, and can advise on the finish, weld quality, etc.

I was looking at getting one of these made into a centre console, with an outboard pod.
It was priced up with trailer at just over $9300.

This would price it well under a Stabi 359 centre console, and I am looking for some input into whether these boats are up to par.

It will be beach launched, and used for spearfishing, so mostly within 10km of shore.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2008 at 7:46pm
brown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

a local up here (whangarei) has one the high sided model and I was really impressed with it. good welds with a finish that would be hard to beat. he has had 4 fishing out of it comfortably with a 30hp Merc...

did you see this?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Spearsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 7:19am
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah, saw the Stabi Centre console. Just could not fathom where they got the $30k price tag from. Allow $10k for hull and trailer, and another $1000 for the steering, and that leaves $19,000 for a 40hp engine?????
Hence the reason I am looking around for something similar, but without the inflated pricetag.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 10:28am
brown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

yeah I'm hearing ya...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Spearsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 5:34pm
Platinum
Platinum

Brown, have you heard from the local with the Frewza about how the hull rides?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote batfastard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 7:23pm
batfastard View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

mikes marine have got a couple of 3.8m ones in stock.i shaw some pics of the 4 m frews centerconsole on trade me last year and was keen as .but in real life the sides are not that high.top build quality though.but im shore if you spoke to him it could get it close in size to the stabi.dosnt hurt to ask if he can do that. can you keep me in the loop as im lookin around for some thing that size.cheers mike

As my wife catches bigger fish than me, does that make me a bad fisherman or a great skipper.......
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 11:10pm
brown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'll see if I can track him down
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Spearsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 12:09pm
Platinum
Platinum

I have been sent a few pics from the team at Frewza:
What I was quoted for is a hybrid of the two boats shown. Centre console, but with the high sides. What is not shown is a model with an outboard pod.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DeKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 1:27pm
DeKay View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Looks nice Q and not 30K!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote batfastard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 7:12pm
Platinum
Platinum

look at the height of the helm wheel compaired to the heght on the sides,and then look at the stabi and you will see what i mean
As my wife catches bigger fish than me, does that make me a bad fisherman or a great skipper.......
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Spearsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 7:56am
Platinum
Platinum

I agree that the height of the console is very low in the Frewza when compared to the stabi.
It looks as if it was designed to be driven while seated, as opposed to the stabi, which is clearly made to be driven while standing. My preference in smaller boats is to drive standing.
I am slowly getting a list of things to go back to the team at Frewza with.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote batfastard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2008 at 11:09am
Platinum
Platinum

spearsniper the point i was trying to make  is the hight of the pontoons.in the frewz they are below your knee on the stabi they are half way up your thigh.so not alot of fall over the side protection.the steering wheel is the same hight on both boats.its the pontoons are diffrent.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Spearsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2008 at 4:41pm
Platinum
Platinum

batfastard....there are two different height sides. the image of the centre console shows the low side - the one I am looking at is the high sided version (2nd and 4th photos)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Contract Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 3:43pm
Contract View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I have just placed an order for a center console 4.1. I found out that the guy that builds them, actually built Stabis a while back ~ go figure ! I have bought a 56 liter Icey Tek Chilly Bin & instructed them to fit it as a seat (rather than a pedestal). They will upholster it to get the height right for sitting on. I have custom designed the forward rails and had solid side grab rails put on (for getting in from diving or towing dredge / skier). I have had the center console waterproofed by sealing the bottom of it with an ally plate. Front seat upholstered. anchor locker, on a roller trailer, a 40 HP electric & power trim merc motor for $14995 plus the cost of the chilly bin & freight to akld. A Stabi you say ? You would have to be nucking futs.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Contract Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 3:52pm
Contract View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Sorry, my $14995 was for the high sided version. Looking at the photos in this forum (which I was not able to get from Frewza !) I think i will get him to "fill in" the gaps around the forward topping. Once these are filled in, I think I will put in a couple of small water tight access hatches to have an additional dry strorage area for ropes and things
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Spearsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2008 at 2:25pm
Platinum
Platinum

Contract. looking forward to the pics of your finished boat, and a rundown of how it goes.
Under $15k sounds like a bargain compared to the StabiBig%20smile.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mudgutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2008 at 4:22pm
mudgutz View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

what motor was on the stabicraft?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mudgutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2008 at 4:29pm
mudgutz View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

another pointof interest-did you compare hull thicknes-pontoon thicknes etc,thats apparently the can keep the price down-did you compare apples with apples as the saying goes-resale value also comes to mind!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Contract Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2008 at 5:01pm
Contract View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

There is a 40 merc on mine and Matt's had a 40 E-Tec 4 stroke so there is no question that the E-tec is the better beast. Hull is 3mm & pontoons are 2mm. I am not planning a kamikaze attack on Flat Rock light so I think it should do. Resale on a $15,000 rig? If that is your concern, you can't afford a boat. Boats are just holes in the water that you pour money into. If you are being "sensible" ~ anything that fly's, F#ck's or Floats, you would rent ! I am just going to be using it at a "round home" boat when the wife won't let me go out on our launch !
Will post pics when I take delivery
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Black Fly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2008 at 10:48am
Black Fly View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Contract, when do you take delivery?
Page  123 195>