Our launch Progress (jemry & Jane)

Page  123 4>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jemry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Our launch Progress (jemry & Jane)
    Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 10:51am
Jemry View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

"mixed emotions" bought beginning of the year, been in boatbuilders since getting inside redone, took the diesel inboard out (gained heaps of cockpit space)going to put o/b on.
Pelin Topaz 30ft

Before and during pics.

This is how it was before we bought it

The missis has completely changed the interior layout so has been a long process with changing plans with the boatbuilder. A few 'bad' areas were recognised and have been repaired, including some previous repairs that weren't done correctly.

The eventual plan is to have sleeping for me and misses, and three kids, so we will sleep in fold out double in the saloon, the kids will sleep in the v berth and there will be and added bunk above the v berth (something for the 3 boys to fight over)

Front screen was 1 piece acrylic and pillars were not fixed in properly, screen is now 3 piece and will be glass. All windows were capped with aluminium with sharp edges to catch ankles when walking down the side, these will no be rebated in.

Twin tanks will give me 352ltrs under the floor. Still trying to get fuel flow guage and sender.

Wall/doorway into saloon had to be removed as moisture had gotten in between glass and wall. Windows will be shortened so they don't come past the wall as previously, wall has been moved slightly towards the stern so there is a reasonable step where the end of the tank is rather than a small trip hazard, also now has a sealed bulkhead under the cockpit.

Will post updated pics as it progresses. Am going over there tommorrow so hope a bit more has been done.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 10:56am
Wizard View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Keen to follow this one, looks like a project and a half.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Saltiga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 12:14pm
Saltiga View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

glad your getting rid of the engine box, cause there no deck there, you putting a mean as cockpit up top??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jemry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 12:18pm
Jemry View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Decided against a flybridge. the old part up top was just a cowling and was a rotten as. The 2mtr rib I've got will be stored up top.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tugboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 12:19pm
tugboat View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Like the look of this rig, i know you got this rig pretty cheap, must be costing a packet to do this??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jemry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 12:20pm
Jemry View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Will also be looking for advice on game poles when I put them back on as it looks as though they need to be rerigged with new cords etc
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jemry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 12:23pm
Jemry View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by tugboat tugboat wrote:

Like the look of this rig, i know you got this rig pretty cheap, must be costing a packet to do this??
So far my friendly b/builder has told me that its $6500 to finish already paid him 3 so only 3.5 to pay.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jemry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 12:48pm
Jemry View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Things changed to date, bow to stern:
1)New front hatch
2)Bunk above v berth
3)Head, side wall angled out seat in vberth opposite head being turned into storage area.
4)galley moved from beside helm to behind helm.
5)helm, false panel so no exposed wiring in head.
6)Double berth across doorway being moved down side of boat opposite helm (folds out)
   end of fold out double will have a freezer built in.
7)3 new screens
8)new wiring/lighting
9)new galley
10)overhang past saloon door into cockpit raised (so I don't hit my head)
11)New Transom
12)Seat across transom with 3 storage compartments ( start battery, gas, oil, wet  area with access to bilge pumps)
13)All rod holders piped from bottom back to wet area.
14)replacement of wall/doorway.
15)2 new tanks (fuel)
16)Gas detector
17)removeable table that will mount either in saloon or cockit. (for those afternoon G & T's)
18)repositioning of anchor winch (slightly out of alignment)
19)New pod with duckboards either side
20)new sliding hatch above helm
21)Fuel flow guage
22)Laptop for gps
23)Bracket for tender outboard
24)Fender holders on bow rail
25) new water tank/pump.

No doubt there will be a few other things to add.............but swmbo hasn't been over to the boat for a while so there's been no changes since then.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Saltiga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 1:02pm
Saltiga View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

dont forget a good live bait tank mate Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote J-D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 1:26pm
J-D View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

What outboard are you going to put on her?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tugboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 1:26pm
tugboat View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That soundz pretty good mate, looks like he knows what hes doing, be awsome when its finished!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tugboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 1:27pm
tugboat View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

p.s just outa interest what are you gona power it with??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 2:04pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Looks like a nice project. 2 comments that I would suggest you think about:
1) 352l of fuel is pretty light for a boat that size if you are staying away (as you will want to). I would suggest finding room for at least another 100 and picking up a cheap tank off trademe (there are quite a few).
2) With the shift of weight from I/O to outboard (I assume on a bracket), you may (probably) find you need trim tabs if you haven't put a reasonable amount of weight forward.

Another thought, many boats that size are light on water as well. I would suggest 300l min if you can fit it.
Anyway, good luck with it and I hope it all goes well.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bill Collector 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 5:25pm
Bill Collector 1 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

nice  project,i have a spare stainless 140 or 170 not to sure to be honest stainless tank out of a 680 mclay that wouldnt take to much to fit in youre space there,pm if  any good to you,brand new,2doz speights
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jemry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 6:01pm
Jemry View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by DORJAM DORJAM wrote:

What outboard are you going to put on her?
had to comprimise due to budget so a 185 evinrude 50 hrs since full rebuild
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jemry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 6:04pm
Jemry View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Tagit Tagit wrote:

Looks like a nice project. 2 comments that I would suggest you think about:
1) 352l of fuel is pretty light for a boat that size if you are staying away (as you will want to). I would suggest finding room for at least another 100 and picking up a cheap tank off trademe (there are quite a few).
2) With the shift of weight from I/O to outboard (I assume on a bracket), you may (probably) find you need trim tabs if you haven't put a reasonable amount of weight forward.

Another thought, many boats that size are light on water as well. I would suggest 300l min if you can fit it.
Anyway, good luck with it and I hope it all goes well.
yep am thinking of trim tabs the one's on it I think are knackered so hmmmmmmm it's in the pipeline, not the budget. As for the fuel looking at either A) another tank if space will allow or b)extra connection to allow me to connect tote tanks
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jemry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 6:05pm
Jemry View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

BC1 pm sent
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ohsif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2009 at 9:00pm
ohsif View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Bill Collector 1 Bill Collector 1 wrote:

nice  project,i have a spare stainless 140 or 170 not to sure to be honest stainless tank out of a 680 mclay that wouldnt take to much to fit in youre space there,pm if  any good to you,brand new,2doz speights

Are you sure your tank is stainless? I thought McLay put ali tanks in their ali boats. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jemry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 11:33pm
Jemry View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

A little progress. Walls are up, as are sides and floor is down.

Rear beanch seat in (houses start battery, oil, gas bottle, etc.
The 3 brats.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote phantomdeviant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 7:13am
phantomdeviant View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

She's really coming together, niceThumbs Up
Skirt Pulla
Page  123 4>