Rocket Launcher

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote johnybegood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rocket Launcher
    Posted: 22 Dec 2010 at 10:41am
johnybegood View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey guys.

Been looking on here for a while, and wondering if anyone has had any recent experience with anyone fabricating a Rocket launcher (preferably SS).
Been looking at getting one for our fyran 580 horizon, but was put off enormously by the $1300 odd quote exc. gst  by fyran.

I figure that nautec marine or any other companies should be able to do it cheaper (hopefully).
If anyone can list some other companies that would be great, and thanks for the help.

Merry christmas and hopefully some great summer fishing!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote edge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2010 at 12:57pm
edge01 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I make them johnny. what do you have in mind?? pm me if you want
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2010 at 1:46pm
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

must remember that Edge

Scallops are a little further east in that spot now
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Captn Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2010 at 2:04pm
Captn Phil View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Be careful what you get John. There are some rubbish ones out there. Saving money now may just bite you later. I just finished an alloy one for a guy with a 620 Horizon and by the time it was all fitted etc there wasn't a lot of change from 12 hundy.
Taking sportfishing charters to the next level.
Blue Water Adventures Ltd
Whangaroa / Bay of Islands
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote johnybegood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2010 at 2:44pm
johnybegood View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks for the replys guy. Yea, the cost i'm starting to see is going to be high, i guess the other option is a nice bait station with 3 or 4 rod holders and would hopefully be half the price.
Realistically a Rocket launcher keeps them out of the way a lot better.
Edge-probably a folding SS one (as the garage roof aint got any clearance on the boat as is.
not really sure as to what else, can probably add in a deck light and then it's figuring out how many holders ( 6 is more than enough)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 9:38pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Anyone keen to build a really basic one to fit on my 3.9m IRB?

Am based on the North Shore, Auckland.

Cheers
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote edge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 11:34am
edge01 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

that wont be cheap johnny. folding ones you can add at least $400 - 500 to the price of a basic one.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Seapup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 1:35pm
Seapup View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

had one done by Manta and they were great to deal with
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 999bloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2014 at 5:44pm
999bloke View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Are the DIY ones no good?