Fish City Boats

Page  123 19>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fish City Boats
    Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 11:49am
Joker View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just heading to Hamilton to pick up the new FC500 Centre Console with 60hp Mercury 4-stroke.
Anyone else got one of these?

Will post more pics later.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 1:54pm
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes but only a wee one FC390 - Welcome to the club!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 6:50pm
Time_Bandit View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

sweet looking boat mate
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fissure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 7:52pm
Fissure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

well done joker, look forward to more pics. enjoy.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 9:25am
Joker View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Battery and wiring on a shelf under the hatch. Horizontal side rod holders for the fly rods, nets and gaffs

The dragonfly down scan sounder and mercury smart gauges - even tells fuel usage. Tray on top for phones etc

Loads of storage under the console - big plus on a centre console - this is where the fuel tanks are going. This is the view lifting up the hinged front seat.

More storage for lifejackets and wet weather gear - the anchor well is massive and will hold the berly pots too

A biggie for me is the passive self flooding live bait tank

2 Plastic boxes will go under the seats for the sea anchors rather than petrol tanks

Huge spray deflecting chines and another spray deflector/overlap for the big waves - should be a dry and nice riding boat

No bow rails to get in the way and a nice big fly and popper casting platform up front. 8 welded rod holders

The super low rider trailer will make beach launching a breeze

All in all a well put together package
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tiffany5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 10:06am
Tiffany5 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Nice boat Joker and welcome to the FC boat owners club, You're going to love the FC 500 just as much as all the team at Fish City have all enjoyed putting it together for you.Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CEEBEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 10:14am
CEEBEE View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice rig
I STARTED THE DAY WITH NO FISH AND I STILL HAVE PLENTY LEFT
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 10:48am
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Saw these at the boat show, look like a well thought out reasonably priced package.  I liked it's big brother the FC600, but that extra metre more than doubled the price.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 10:49am
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That would suit me perfectly man, love all the clear floor area and I am a fan of the rod storage under the gunwale so you can leave the rods in the boat while towing without worrying about damage from the tradeplate floor.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 11:43am
Joker View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Telecaster, I have additional storage racks for 12 rods to add to the sides of the console and 8 swivel mounts for 4 rod holders - excessive but we take a few outfits especially when No1 son is over from Aussie. The side of the console storage works in my Current/Old (to be sold) Centre console.

I was absolutely 100% determined that my next boat was going to be a Frewza 4.95 until I saw and looked over this one at the boat show, many times. It just ticked too many extra boxes for me in the space and storage area plus the non complex live bait setup. The low rider trailer setup is a dream to tow and rear visibility whilst towing is great.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Boulder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 11:56am
Boulder View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

What sort of coin are they as pictured mate?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 1:13pm
Joker View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

This one was in the lowish 30's with some extras fitted like
Under water blue led lights
Custom T top rather than the flimsy bolt on one shown at the boat show
Custom windscreen
Radio
Raymarine Dragonfly GPS/fishfinder
Vinyl wrap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muzzfishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 5:50pm
Muzzfishing View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice looking and functional rig Joker, might see you out on the water.  They are getting quite popular.
    A Good Skipper Keeps the water on the outside of the boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 7:04pm
Time_Bandit View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

love the trailer and good choice of engine they are so cheap to run !
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote family affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 7:07pm
family affair View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

they def not a bad rig aye mate works there hes always trying to get me in to one he loves them
mv maui
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2013 at 12:44pm
Joker View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Took the boat out on Saturday for its first run in less than ideal conditions with really lumpy swells in the Motohe channel - those short together, 1.5 metre wind against tide unpleasant ones and the boat handled these superbly without a single drop of spray coming on board and was very soft riding. We were able to make 18 - 20 mph easily in those conditions. The unique overhang of the gunwhales over the hull traps any waves that slap on the hull from riding up and being blown in your face if the extended chines don't get them first. 

Fish City have got a winner with this affordable and easily run hull.

The 60hp Mercury four stoke is an ideal match to the hull. We have a 13" 4 blade prop that gives plenty of get up and go and holds the boat on the plane at low speed. In fact there was no really noticeable transition from displacement to planning with a flat aspect throughout the transition.

We managed to get 35mph in some quieter but not ideal conditions but should improve as the motor loosens up. The economy (shown on the Merc smart gauge) was 7.8lph at 21mph or 8.6 at 25mph so that's getting to be near 3 miles per litre.

The new Raymarine Dragon Fly GPS/Fish Finder/Down Scan Imaging is interesting in the different aspect that the DSI shows when compared to 2D fish finder with weed clearly identified when the sounder showed blobs??? Easy to use with good screen visibility under all light conditions - we clearly saw arches identifying KY and Kingfish that we caught off the Naval Base in a workup that went for hours. 

Launched the boat  without getting the trailer wet at all though we needed just the back roller at water level to locate the chines on to retrieve. 

All in all a safe, easy riding, roomy, economical and dry boat with lots of innovative features that you are not paying silly prices that are asked for the more fashionable brands. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CoastalStan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2013 at 2:26pm
CoastalStan View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Very nice setup. Pleased you liked the Dragonfly, better watching than TV sometimes. I agree Kingfish are very easy to spot, better than any sounder i have used before. It comes into its own when looking at structure especially in shallow.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pirate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2013 at 4:00pm
pirate View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

looks good man, well thought out rig. how is the stability on these puppys?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2013 at 6:19pm
Joker View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Pirate, Stability is excellent not just East/West but North/South my son moving whilst running went to sit on the front casting platform to take photos but it did not affect speed or balance at all. The whole rig at rest or underway is exceptionally flat to the point there is really no transition between displacement and planning, there is none of the nose lift going over the hump as usually found in planning boats. I had difficulty in identifying my lowest planning speed. 
The extra width chines at the front effectively extend the hull width at the pointy end giving more lateral stability than normal. In fact it was just like a pontoon boat for stability but with a lot more room inside.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 10:57pm
Joker View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just sprayed the trailer with lanocote mx4 - the strong stuff. Research on the Aussie sites shows that they are big on this stuff to protect the trailer from rust particularly when new. Will post a yearly report on how its going. If it works then its a cheap option.
Page  123 19>