Allenco Boats... the Captains Dreamtime....

Page  <1 11121314>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2014 at 12:37pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yep, Perspex. The tricky compound curves for the windscreen for the consoles are going to take another week to be finished, which is a pain, but a bit of a snafu on the ordering front there.
The Perspex is slightly green shaded looks good, faintly echoing the paint.
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Photofisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2014 at 5:23pm
Photofisha View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Looks mean as!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote YeeHaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2014 at 6:35pm
YeeHaa View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

who does those perspex? that looks awesome
please let me know

WWW.YEEHAA.CO.NZ
(09)5705058
30 Jellicoe Road Panmure
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2014 at 6:56pm
Time_Bandit View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

whats she owe you now ?
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2014 at 11:49pm
Titanium
Titanium

All up....ummmm...under 40g I think. Haven't actually sat down and done exact figures, and not sure what the upholstery, carpet and the perpexing will come to. But that would cover the biggies, the boat, the motor and the trailer. Oh... yep, and a big chunk of the electrics even, maybe, with that Simrad gear (top of the line stuff), make it....$45k. ? Ish.
Lets say, I am positive, when everything is finished, with a 5.5m Bespoke 5mm hull 4mm sides sportfishing boat, top of the line simrad gear, 90hp suzi four stroke, custom built alli trailer, carpet, upholstery, seats, perspex etc etc, under $50. Not bad I think for one hell of a boat.
Yeehaa, any glass and joinery place could sort you out the perspex, if they can fix auto glass and caravan windows etc, then they should be able to do you perspex easily enough. However, for the more complex windscreens, they had to send those off to a place in Hamilton that does perspex shaping, I will see if I can find out the name for you. But basically, there is no huge mystery in doing perspex. Just take cardboard cut outs of exactly what you want, then lay them on a sheet of perspex, and cut them out. Seemed pretty easy to me. If the folks I used had've ordered the darn perspex instead of waiting for several days for me to return to matamata to OK what had to be done anyhow, before ordering the perspex we frikken KNEW we'd need, then we could have had the whole job done in time for these photos.... I am still steaming slightly about that. But, deep breaths Stuart...... it will all be good in the fullness of time.
Harvey had welded tabs onto the rails to which the perspex could be bolted, the fitters are concerned that this may put stress points in the perspex in the long term, but I don't think there are any simple alternative to that system, it will be interesting to see just how long they last.
 Once you have a pattern for most of the sections in the rails, cutting out perspex replacements every few years would be a simple job, either to do yourself, or get someone from a windows fitting place to spend an hour to do for you. The big work is getting the original panels cut.... duplicating them in the future should be fairly simple.
When I get home to my main comp, I will try to pop up a few more pics of the boat as she stood on friday.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MikeAqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2014 at 12:47pm
MikeAqua View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

On my boat I have a 200mm high band of perspex at a reverse angle to the spray dodger.  It's a single curve, and it is held by bolts through tabs.  Cracks have appeared in the last couple of years.  It was built in 1987 ...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2014 at 2:19pm
Titanium
Titanium

...OK, as I said, more pics...,
Bruce at the helm. He's not quite my superheroic proprtions, so his arms are a leeetle short to reach the wheel, but I fit no worries. The wheel is pretty much vertical, that way it doesnt intrude so much into knee space for getting into and out of the chair. You can also see the seat/bench forward of the helm, very comfortable place to sit, or a good spot for having tackle boxes or whatever off the floor so you can get stuff out of them, or using as picnic table, etc.

Access for'ard and aft, really easy with the off-set gap between the helm and passenger consols. That is one thing I was very concerned with, ease of going straight from the helm seat to the front without having to do any side shuffles to squeeze thru a restricted gap. This way, with them off set, both consoles can be wide enough to actually shelter totally the people behind them....once the perspex windscreens are fitted that is, lol

I am so pleased I went for the white, it just stands out so great. The contrast with the black polyboard looks very good too. Drinks holders are either side of the anchor well, all other holes are rod holders. Carpet is to be laid under the seat as well.

Booting up the Simrad NSS9 Evo II. I am so pleased I have this unit. The big blank space above the wheel is in case there are any new toys that come along in the future....
From left to right, across the top you have the Garmin engine monitor controls that come with the Suzuki motor, the Simrad NSS9 Evo II, and the VHF Antenna,
Bottom row from the left, the trolling control for the Suzuki. This takes the motor up or down in 50rpm increments from idle, so you can easily and accurately set your trolling speed for slow speed lures. Bloody briiliant, I use that all the time on Superhero for my 250HP Suzi, trolling for kings etc. Next, the ignition, obviously, other side of the wheel, the Simrad VHF, the engine oil alarms, and a five switch and cig lighter panel, for lights etc.
Below the dash, just peeking out on the left is an underwater LED light that will be on the same loop as the underwater stern lights, so that when I have the UW lights on, I have an indicator going inside the boat too.... should stop me from leaving them on and walking away. What you cannot see undet the dash is the media hub dock for ipods, usbs, whatever. Kept that in as sheltered a spot as poss, although it is supposed to be waterproof too, yeah, well, rather not test that.

No ,not MaxnMel, but a very happy Superheroic Moderator on his spanking new toy.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote otdrmn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2014 at 2:34pm
otdrmn View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Cant wait to see this boat in the flesh one day as although the pictures are stunning I don't think we get an appreciation for how well thought out a boat this is.
The 4 R's ~ Rods, Reels, Rifles, Rooting
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2014 at 2:43pm
Titanium
Titanium

Well, if you are in tauranga, she is in at Rutherfords on cross street, just by the sulphur point boat ramps, pop in and have a look! :-)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Legacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2014 at 3:36pm
Legacy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

The boat is a lot more spacious than the photos show , really looking forward to hearing how it all works out on the water , can't be long now before you take it out for a spin .

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2014 at 6:47pm
Titanium
Titanium

Hopefully get her on the water tomorrow mid morning some time :-)
Just for some on the water pics, it will be a couple more days until the wiring for lights etc is all sorted.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2014 at 6:59pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hope it goes grouse CA, hell of a boat to be proud of mate.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MikeAqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2014 at 7:35pm
MikeAqua View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Very nice boat.  Are going to install a Bimini or similar for shade?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2014 at 7:44pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Looking good StuThumbs Up got to be happy with that

btw, your jigs sentWink
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muzzfishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2014 at 8:36pm
Muzzfishing View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Love the color, my first car was Teal blue a real chick magnet I thought until I wrote it off.
The boat looks real nice definitely a head turner.  Lets hope it pulls the fish.
    A Good Skipper Keeps the water on the outside of the boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2014 at 9:01pm
Titanium
Titanium

Yes, thanks kaveman, got the jigs, sweet as :-)
No, I decided early in the piece to drop the whole canopy idea....my small boat for trout, sidekick, has a nice little canopy, and in the last two...or three??...years, I have had it up once, and that was just to see how it looked. Having a canopy, a collapsible one, able to be stored away was going to become a big mission, so it was a simple decision to just can the idea.
If I am going to be out in blazing sun, I have a cunning plan to just use a big beach or patio sunbrella :-) this is why there are some rod holders in odd places, they will be used as umbrella holders if ever required :-)
On the big 8m boat though we are having a fixed Bimini top.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 4:09pm
Titanium
Titanium

Finally, a short run on the water!

The ladies just love this boat now....

cruisin down the river. Could I get the girls to salute the camera, could I hell as like....

OK, before anything else, first minute on the water, kick the NSS9 into life. Lovely little unit! Gunna really like learning to drive this little beaut :-) Mel is keen on it too, mainly as I told her it controls the stereo system I suspect.

This gives a way better idea of the room up front. In your normal boat, this would all be foredeck and empty, unused cabin, here, it is just the front lounge.

There is plenty of room to move about on the boat, nothing is crowded or cramped, even in the biggest "Choke point" in the boat, between the helm and passenger consols.

the boat is set up for three people really, and there is a ton of space for everyone.

That was todays pics, first time Bespoke has had her bottom wet. Not her official launch yet though, as she still has a few little things to get finished up here in Matamata. Hopefully...maybe, thursday or friday! :-)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 4:29pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Looks great StuThumbs Up amazing amount of room too
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rotate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 4:56pm
Rotate View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

wow really impressed with how much space there is.puts it in perspective with the girls on board!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 5:24pm
Time_Bandit View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I like the helm seats mate
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Page  <1 11121314>