FC500 Pocket Battleship game cruiser - New Sounder

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2015 at 1:05pm
Joker View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

You mean those vertical ones on the side of the console?

They do the job of keeping them out of harms way with just enough room to pass and there are 12 of them plus the 6 horizontal ones on the sides under the gunwhales. So we can take plenty of rods and do.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 9:02am
Joker View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Boat all kitted out for game fishing.

2 Dredge/Teaser booms
76 Fish strip teaser Dredge
New 14 foot Killwell telescopic carbon fibre "Stiffy" outriggers.

61 litres for a big day out West Coast yesterday.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 12:08pm
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice
Any beakies hooked yet Joker?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2015 at 1:20pm
Joker View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

No ... not yet but really trying.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BT007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 9:29pm
BT007 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

awesome setup mate!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2015 at 11:28pm
Joker View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Went out west coast on good Friday and got 2 god strikes with really good visible marlin in the gear - took line and thought we had hook ups only for them to drop off. Good  news is the harmonics of the rig is good - we were beginning to think that  the boat didn't raise fish but she does.

Boy do these boys take string. we got heaps of albies on the riggers and the killwell stiffies are great, so impressed compared to the floppy cheapies I had before.

Most impressed with a no name (Bond actually) $8 white over salmon pink lure I got from Avondale market that got one of the strikes and 2 albacore and had the only strikes out from Tuts earlier in the year.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scorpian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 10:31am
scorpian View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Bit late I know Joker but what were the conditions like on Friday.
I was planning to go but cancelled Thursday night partly due to a post on here, and the drowning and partly because the forecast was right on my upper limit.
But I would be interested to know what it was like.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 2:03pm
Joker View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Friday wasn't bad but it was a bit messy but not dangerous and I did wait until low tide and little tidal movement to come in on and it was good.
Once past the bar it was just swell and could get along at a good rate of knots.

I really think this hull with the extended chines to the front (like a pontoon boat) really helps in washing machine conditions that can be experienced on the bar in giving 4 points of stability rather than 3 on a conventional vee hull. We certainly get the buoyancy that's needed up front to pass over without sliding down the back into the next wave.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2015 at 10:10am
Joker View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Fitted the new Garmin 12" touchscreen 7415 with all in one 600w CHIRP GT51M transducer - conventional/DownView/Sideview with the hope of being better able to locate baitfish and hope fully Marlin in the deeper water.

Early days yet but on the east coast in shallow water it all looks good

Page  <12