The Boat Show 2015

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Boat Show 2015
    Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 6:19am
Time_Bandit View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Whos going ? Whats on the shopping list ?
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whippersnappyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 8:10am
whippersnappyr View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Which boat show?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yeahbuoy! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 8:55am
yeahbuoy! View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

When and where?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 9:18am
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yip, just to perve at the promo girls... are there boats there?
https://www.youtube.com/user/troutboynz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote corokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 9:22am
corokid View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Big smile Going to be home for this one for a change, will be having a look at a  brand spanking Suzuki 175 4/ to go on the haines , whilst comparing other brands . Great opportunity to check them all out under one roof and see who can do the best deal.Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote foulplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 9:28am
foulplay View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Going to head over with brother. Planning on picking up a Tld 50 or Tiagra.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 4:55pm
Garry 23041 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

my mate is building an 8.5m boat so I plan to go with him and watch him spend heaps on outboards and all kinds of other stuff.

For me I need a new fluro raincoat if those guys are still working the show? and some more bright shiny things for fishing.

I try not to attend stands with promo girls, I almost bought a vw van once off a girl in high heals and a short skirt!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Espresso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 5:03pm
Espresso View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Yep I'm keen as mustard this year, checking out boats in the 8m range - time to make the call, and a bit of expired safety gear needs replacement for current boat. Not far away now.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 5:22pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I might do the opposite and go this year just to see what the $20 is all about.

Miss going to the aussie boat shows, so hopefully this will live up to its rep.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 6:04pm
Platinum
Platinum

think its $22 this year

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote corokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 6:07pm
corokid View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Time_Bandit Time_Bandit wrote:

think its $22 this year
Thats's me outOuch
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 7:50pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

online $20 + $2 courier fee

http://boatshow.co.nz/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cpt.Pugwash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 3:40pm
Cpt.Pugwash View Drop Down

Hi Garry, yip I'm going to the boatshow  for a specific reason - I'll be looking for a good cleaning product that get's rid of that strong fishy smell from my fingers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 5:06pm
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Cpt.Pugwash Cpt.Pugwash wrote:

Hi Garry, yip I'm going to the boatshow  for a specific reason - I'll be looking for a good cleaning product that get's rid of that strong fishy smell from my fingers.

this works a treat

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 6:43pm
Platinum
Platinum

Good on ya Capt.
I can’t make a suggestion on that one, I let my crew do all the dirty work.
I have just been told I will NOT be going to the boat show as my lovely wife has purchased some cheap flights to Tokyo on dates that span that weekend!
I kid you not.
As busy as the boat show is on Saturday we will be passing through the busiest train station on the planet making that scene look provincial I would guess.
If only I could speak Japanese I could ask locals how they get that fishy smell off their fingers...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote green guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 7:13pm
green guy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nope
http://www.facebook.com/hauraki.hillbillys
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Don18025 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 8:59pm
Don18025 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Garry, let us know your cellphone number?
You might be able to compare notes with the guys wanting to buy a new Yammie at the boat show.....
Maybe a Yen or two in it for you to buy direct in Japan?
Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 7:36am
Platinum
Platinum

Man I don't know if we will make it out of the train station, I can't imagine buying an engine.
I did buy my digger from Japan and import it myself some years back but I did it from here and found a great Japanese dealer who speaks english.
I do plan to visit the sports store area of Tokyo and take a peek if we have time.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MandM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 6:23pm
MandM View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Il be there. Looking at getting a new boat. around the 8.5 mtr range with 2.8 mtr beam.
Need to narrow down the options.
Had a few quotes by the one I want is $60,000 over my budget! Bugger.........Lol
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 7:38pm
Platinum
Platinum

$60,000 isn't much if you say it really fast.

Interestingly my 8.5m by 2.8 meter boat cost about the same as you guys are paying for an engine!

Page  12>