Whats ya RIG?

Page  <1 5556575859 77>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 8:00am
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Glad it all worked out for you in the end, that is one seriously nice looking boat with a real quality finish. I can see why that work took so long.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 8:46am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Looks good DaveThumbs Up
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 8:52am
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That is a weapon mate, perfect family boat with serious fishing potential.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Space Invader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 9:14am
Space Invader View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by otseg otseg wrote:

My 6.7 Cat.
New to the forum, how does one upload photos to display in a post please?

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j358/ycakewalk/Catvantage/DSC01543.jpg

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j358/ycakewalk/Catvantage/IMG_2016.jpg
Love the look of the Cat too.
I might need a hat though.Cool
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Apex Predator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 10:56am
Apex Predator View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Congrats Coro, that's a real nice looking machine.

It's funny how things work out sometimes.  I recall selling my previous boat after 18 months of waiting for a buyer.  Trouble was I sold it in January just as the season was getting under way and I thought my summer was ruined.  Hadn't been looking but found my present waka the next day for an unbelievable price and was fishing again within a week.  That was my best season ever.

Sometimes things just fall into place like it was well planned in advance.  Others call it fate or karma.  Either way you get what you deserve so enjoy it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Eastender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 12:31pm
Eastender View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nice rig Dave An awesome story, great when karma kicks in.

Bet those coromandel moochas are shaking in there boots!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 6:15pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I seen it in thames last weekend, awesome boat in the flesh. Great shop for bait as well, good selection at a good price. Might see you at the Waikawau ramp one day.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 7:54am
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Saw this on trade me - what do you reckon - cannot imagine taking it out Manukau Bar but would be good on tidal flats?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boats-marine/motorboats/auction-731726824.htm
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 8:28am
the angler View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Tell him he's dreaming.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote widerange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 10:11am
widerange View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

That will have all the real boat builders scrambling for rights to manufacture such a revolutionary 
design and build concept.
And with bidding starting at only 50k really priced to sell.
MMMMwwwhhhaahaahahahahahaha
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 10:31am
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The fact he thinks it is worth $45k second hand means he must have spent more than that to build the thing. He could have bought a proper boat for that kind of money.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 10:47am
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Glad to know you all think the same - did not want to say...just shows how we can fall in love with our pet projects and spend way to much time and money - seriously though I would hate to be in a rough sea in this boat...
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 11:12am
the angler View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I would hate to be in a calm sea in it , his only chance of salvaging any money and possibly a shred of dignity would be to scrap it for parts then get all his mates around , drink a bottle of American honey set it on fire then jump thru the flames over it on a xr 200.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jetfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 3:59pm
jetfisher View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Surly that includes the Hyundai its attached too.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rabbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 7:27pm
Rabbs View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

This is my TM buy.  Still needs a bit of loving to get it ready, but when it is these southern lakes are going to get a hiding.  The previous owner was unsure if it was a fireball or fire star...how would I tell?
I should also mention that there are no trays for the tote tanks in the back.  It is running a Force 70 main, with a 1981 4 horse johnson 2 stroke as aux.

Regards,
Jason.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote worksux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 8:02pm
worksux View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'm sure that"s the Fireball model, I had one back in the late 70s, Had a 70hp Johny Stinger on the back, Was into lake fishing and skiing back in those days. Not the best riding boats when it gets a bit poo.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Luigi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 3:17pm
Luigi View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Ok, this is what I got. 2014 Surtees 5.75 Hardtop with a 115 4stroke Yamaha. Ive had many boats over the years several Gop, tinny , fibreglass all second hand and the last one was a 18ft 6" Seanymph Commander, good old boat ,Good to fish out of but a bit slow with its 130hp inboard and heavy. The new surtees tinny is takeing a bit of getting used to.  So easy to launch an so easy to retrieve. A we bit bouncy to fish out of but heaps of room. Heaps of power and speed when needed for the Kawhia Bar. Gets me out to the fishing grounds fast and comes home fast . So cheap to fuel though and that's real good. Fantastic motor starts before you can let the key go and runs on the smell of an oily rag. Top speed hasn't been tried yet but 3/4 throttle is enough to scare the hell out of me. Anchor winch is a waste of time , Too gutless so im going to fit a better one.The fuel filler and guage are inside in the floor and that's not very bloody good either.Should have paid more attention on that one before I got it made but You know too excited and couldn't wait. Anyway quite pleased with it, Handles the rough just have to use the windscreen wiper a bit that's all. I fitted Trimtabs  as the deep V was a little tippy with a side wind. Not as much  room in the cabin as previous boats but cant fish in the cabin so that's ok. I would be interested in any coments others have on these Surtees. Cheers.Wink
Fish and enjoy life ! as no one gets out alive
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote advtracing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 7:49am
advtracing View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Aussie blue fin Cobia 5m , 70hp yam,  lowrance hds10 .  couldn't get a resonable rig that was set up for casting / fly fishing with out buying new , so found this import that is fantasic .

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ROCKSTARS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 3:06pm
ROCKSTARS View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Nice looking set up.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote advtracing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 4:39pm
advtracing View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Cheers , still getting the fit out correct. yet to fit the ipilot minn kota on the front plus some other bits 
Page  <1 5556575859 77>