Frewza Alloy Pontoon Boats

Page  <1 152153154155156 195>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Penty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 9:29am
Penty View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by herby herby wrote:

Any one know if you could put a 50hp short shaft yammie on the standard 4.1 or 14 high siders or would It need to be a custom build?

Give Brendan a ring, I had a 4.1HS with 30hp Yam and it went good 50hp would be epic for your missions to Barrier or Mokes. I think they are std 20inch transom but Brendon could rejig you'd assume.

Why you wanna sell the Takacat Herby?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 10:51am
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Some Frewza action from the past two weeks 'after work' fishing, in the harbour, just short 2hr trips from the CBD, all sorts of species, Snapper, Tarakihi, Elephant Fish, Rig etc...
https://www.youtube.com/user/troutboynz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 12:54pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cool vid Andrew thanks for sharing , some really nice size fish in there, especially the gurnard there huge
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jazzaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 8:53pm
jazzaB View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hope the pics have worked, My F16 Fisher

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 9:15pm
Time_Bandit View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

nice rig you have there mate
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jazzaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 9:27pm
jazzaB View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Will post a few of my modifications I have done, when I can find them in this computer,

Split draw bar to make trailer shorter for the garage,also custom axle for a narrow entry thru the door
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 9:41pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Another great clip Andrew ,as always they are. Thought the gurnard a bit small,nothing over 60 cm.LOL
And that is Wellington fishing in March. The best month . What a variety of fish. Where else could you find fishing like that and in calm waters.

I used to catch my last snapper in the harbour in mid may ,and they were always big 12lb plus at that time of year. Keep those clips coming,always enjoy them . For me a nostalgic journey into the past.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote flyfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 7:58pm
flyfisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cheers John, the Snapper will be round till end of May at least I'm hoping, always plentiful Gurnard supply to fall back on if not!

Jazza, great looking setup, the trailer looks very nice, is that a Voyager by chance? Wish I'd got the hinging drawbar after seeing Fissure's. Mind you his trailer was built round the boat... how they ideally all should be!
https://www.youtube.com/user/troutboynz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 8:10pm
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by flyfisher flyfisher wrote:

Cheers John, the Snapper will be round till end of May at least I'm hoping, always plentiful Gurnard supply to fall back on if not!

Jazza, great looking setup, the trailer looks very nice, is that a Voyager by chance? Wish I'd got the hinging drawbar after seeing Fissure's. Mind you his trailer was built round the boat... how they ideally all should be!

can buy bolt on ones

http://cmtrailer.co.nz/couplings/folding-drawbar-hinges

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jazzaB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2015 at 6:37pm
jazzaB View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

The trailer is a Hoskins great example of a trailer. Perfect set up for what I was after. Just looking at that web site its wicked what you can do with a draw bar, sky the limit.Mine would be the 3x3 welded seems well strong enough

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZ4X4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2015 at 8:06pm
NZ4X4 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I thought some of you might be interested in seeing an outrigger setup on an F14...

New aluminium rodholders throughout to suit short bent butts for trolling and also sword fishing, along with rodholders to run my dredge boom.

Outriggers are the new Kilwell 4.5m 4 piece carbon fibre telescopic ones running 2 halyards with gold finger clips.

How I store the outriggers when towing the boat, nice and neat and the halyards stay untangled.

And yes they are new rods and reels :)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2015 at 8:27pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'm not using my riggers anymore with the dredge, they just don't work as well as rods in the holders, I'm running one strait out the back with the line on a rubber band to hold it flat, and another on a rod holder pointing out the side at 90 deg with the windon still on the rod tip.
Our small boats are to small and the riggers hold the lures to high.
My dredge runs under 1 st wave and lures behind it, with a bit of chop the lures run in the riggers would pop out of the waves and get airborne.
Takes a bit of mucking around with to sort out,Ive also got my dredge arm forward of the centre console now so I can see the dredge and the fish come in on it ,running on right hand side

Also I've bent the riggers so they run a bit flatter, when trolling a conventional spread they were sweet on dead flat days but in a swell the boat increased speed down hill and the lures popped out .

As with everything its trial and error, let us know how you get on , a mate had a cool idea for the dredge to to eliminate the trolling weight.
Running a stainless tube cleated to transome rails down into the water and the rope thru the pipe , simple as
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote CBF-Whk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 10:38am
CBF-Whk View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Echomap 95SV.

Not much to report as of late struggling to land a kingy over the 20 mark. Sharks bad knots and reefs take their toll. Just had the 500 hr service done and while I was in at the shop ordered one of the above. Need the big screen my eyes are not what they used to be. The big seller is the side scan hope it lives up to the hype.

Will let you know how it goes.

CBF
Whk
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fissure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 12:41pm
Fissure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

yeah be interesting to see how the new unit goes CBF. so, after 500hrs any hiccups with motor or boat? what do you do with ya kings? might head out tomorrow and try and lay one down for the comp...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CBF-Whk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 4:11pm
CBF-Whk View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Fissure Fissure wrote:

yeah be interesting to see how the new unit goes CBF. so, after 500hrs any hiccups with motor or boat? what do you do with ya kings? might head out tomorrow and try and lay one down for the comp...

The boat and motor are awesome, Had a few issues with the install all the gauges on the consul came loose but some of my time and Loctite fixed that. Had the bin/seat moved behind the consul and will move the front bin in front of the consul this winter. Trailer is showing some surface rust but will regalve after 5 years. New springs too maybe?? Motor is running sweet and are still amazed at the fuel economy of these motors. Had to replace the steering cable after two years just a poor quality one????

I keep enough for a feed and the others go back maybe a bit wiser. I bleed, gut and gill them and ice them straight down to get a much improved quality of fish. We prefer kingy to snapper. And way more fun to catch.

CBF
Whk
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote snoteel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 12:28pm
snoteel View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by NZFisher NZFisher wrote:

Hey Ian,

I finally came and had a look at whats up in the F.net Frewza-world - and there's 'my' boat :)
Trust she's doing you well!

I can confirm the F18 hardtop is AWESOME! I'm not surprised, they make such a  great boat the F18 hardtop was never going to let me know.
Only a few small missions so far, but it's done really well. 

If anyone has questions about the F18 hardtop - feel free to PM me, Derrick.

Hi Derrick,
I absolutely love my boat...just need a camera to document my trips out.
Launching and retrieving solo is a breeze and it handles the sometimes challenging Wellington conditions without issue. It is everything I was looking for and more...my compliments to you for putting together an fantastic boat, it attracts a lot of attention at the ramp and I constantly get lots of positive feedback.
I sorted out the issues I was having with the HDS...for some reason when I first turn it on it is in the middle of the USA...go into the menu and configure the satellites and its all good.

The F18 looks awesome mate...what a beast...I hope you are as happy with it as I am with mine.

if your boyfriend doesn't like fishing....you have a girlfriend
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 4:34pm
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by NZ4X4 NZ4X4 wrote:

I thought some of you might be interested in seeing an outrigger setup on an F14...

New aluminium rodholders throughout to suit short bent butts for trolling and also sword fishing, along with rodholders to run my dredge boom.

Outriggers are the new Kilwell 4.5m 4 piece carbon fibre telescopic ones running 2 halyards with gold finger clips.

How I store the outriggers when towing the boat, nice and neat and the halyards stay untangled.

And yes they are new rods and reels :)

sweet looking setup you have there mate, how long are the outriggers ?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZ4X4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 5:04pm
NZ4X4 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Outriggers are 4.5m
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote NZ4X4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2015 at 4:10pm
NZ4X4 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Weather wasn't cooperating today so decided to install a new HDS-9m touch. Networked to my HDS7 Touch. Full chart and sonar sharing from the HDS7. Just waiting on a couple of bits for my NMEA2000 network so I can hook the engine up to the new unit as well. 

Love having the two screens!! just wish I started with a HDS9!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Penty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 2:08pm
Penty View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Any one have 40hp tiller on F14 Dinghy? Thoughts?
Thanks
Page  <1 152153154155156 195>