Makaira Boats King Bank 940 build

Page  <12345 8>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Spectrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2014 at 6:51pm
Spectrum View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

yea the pro fish are awesome boats the one up at tuts with the tuna tower on the roof i think it is call wild card/cat got me started on this project. This has a similar lay out with a double bed under the salon sole its a bit of a squeeze but will really makes the boat having the ability to sleep 5 in proper bed not in the cabin

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2014 at 7:19pm
Garry 23041 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I like that bed feature.

Arvor have a master under the salon sole also and portholes for cross ventilation.

I like the idea of leaving the bedding in place while you are away.

When it's in the V berth you have to pack it away or you can't get to storage etc or if someone (me) leaves the hatch open wet bedding can happen.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Spectrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2014 at 10:32pm
Spectrum View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

a few shots of progress roof is on and capping

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 6:10am
the angler View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Siiiiccckkkkk
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rotate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 7:23am
Rotate View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

looking sweet!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishing Addiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 7:25am
Fishing Addiction View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Full beast
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Espresso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 8:28am
Espresso View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Ooooh starting to take real shape, and looking very nice...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Boz19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 1:04pm
Boz19 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Wow that is some sort of rig there. Awesome. Keep the pics coming mate Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Garry 23041 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 5:40pm
Garry 23041 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

great how the sheer (sp) lines are reflected in the cabin window lines.

Got a real voluptuous Look to her, she would look great in an evening gown if she were a woman.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Spectrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2014 at 8:36pm
Spectrum View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

took a few pics tonight they are a bit dark and grainy will try get some better ones. have cut window lines out, dash in, saloon seatings in, engine vents and side shelves so it is coming together well 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Motorhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2014 at 9:44pm
Motorhead View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Looking awesome.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 7:39am
Titanium
Titanium

Clap
keep the pics coming
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote segador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 4:12pm
segador View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Time_Bandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 6:04pm
Time_Bandit View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

the window lines look like a dickey, this is going to be a very smart rig when its done, when do you hope to be on the water ?
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Spectrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 8:08pm
Spectrum View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Time_Bandit Time_Bandit wrote:

the window lines look like a dickey, this is going to be a very smart rig when its done, when do you hope to be on the water ?

you mean to say it looks like a classic carolina sport fisher. yanks have been building this style for 70 od years long before dickey. hope to have it in the water by jan for the start of the season.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Spectrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 7:23pm
Spectrum View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

had my heart in my mouth tonight with the little fork lift having just enough reach to get it in the hole but it fits like a glove  

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 8:05pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

A green one Angry You just installed the new anchor on the wrong endLOL

Are you running a jackshaft to the leg?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Spectrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 8:16pm
Spectrum View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

come on dave deep down i know you love them  . no jack shaft the leg has a pod either side of it allow you to walk around the engine box 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote the angler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 8:36pm
Titanium
Titanium

looks like the mighty green machine fits perfectly.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 9:05pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Spectrum Spectrum wrote:

come on dave deep down i know you love them  . no jack shaft the leg has a pod either side of it allow you to walk around the engine box 

I have had 4 Volvos. Two I 'inherited' and two I was stupid enough to buy. There will never be a number 5 now that I have got rid of the last one.
Not just a case of poor design and build quality, but as much a reflection of how I view Volvo's operation in NZ. In my view, too much rape and pillage involved with too little concern about their customers. I can relate some pretty ugly examples, some involving ex forum members as well as other unfortunates. In fact one of Volvo's representatives once threatened to sue me for posting too much dirty laundry on this forum. Waved a bunch of printed out posts at me whilst voicing his threats, so I just asked him to point out which particular posts he felt were untrue or defamatory. Unfortunately for him they were all 100% factual, and all that they were really upset about was that someone had dared to air their dirty laundry in public. I like to think that I have cost them plenty of sales over the years, and saved plenty of other boaties from the pain of dealing with them. I stopped buying parts locally a few years back and everytime a parcel of parts arrived from offshore (at half the local cost) I had a wee moment of pleasure thinking about how much there bad attitude to their customers was costing them.
Anyway, I love what you are doing with the boat, so hopefully I might be in the area when that green thing lets you down and be able to offer a tow home Wink
Page  <12345 8>