NEW Raymarine Dragonfly 4Pro & 5Pro

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Speeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEW Raymarine Dragonfly 4Pro & 5Pro
    Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 7:00pm
Speeder View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

G'day everyone,
Wanting to see if anyone has one of these units and reviews etc....

Cheers

Speeder
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 10:32am
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I have just installed one of the Dragonfly Pro 5 ON MY fc390.
Still getting to grips with it - mine was one of  the first ones in NZ with the new transducer. Still needs finetuning on transducer placement.
Charts and down scan perfect and sonar will be perfect once I get transducer placement spot on.
Was in Taupo with it last weekend - at low speed and stopped sonar is perfect. Trout and smelt clearly distinguished. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Speeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 11:42pm
Speeder View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Redfinger - thanks for your reply mate. I have the Kingfisher 430 and I would appreciate your assistance and sharing your experiences with this unit immensely. Hope to hear more from you soon...
Anyone else out there?
Cheers fellas
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2015 at 9:56am
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

No worries - Raymarine have told me to drop slightly lower than (a few mm) below transom so will try that.

We have a secondhand fc430 with the older dragonfly on it - reads real good and transducer is slightly lower than I would have thought it should be on that too.

Will keep you posted.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Speeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2015 at 11:37am
Speeder View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Would appreciate that heaps mate...I was looking at the older models (Dragonfly 5.7) but now the new ones are in I'll be watching this closely....I'll be using the unit for everything from lagoon fishing/trolling to hunting the pelagics out wide in the deep blue when the weather permits...here in Samoa!!
Here from you soon mate and anyone else that has info...
Cheers

Speeder
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2015 at 12:06pm
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

This is the OLd Dragonfly 5inch transducer install on our demo fc430 - just below hull. Reads real good.
I will send another photo later when I get home re my new boat and transducer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Speeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2015 at 12:10pm
Speeder View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks mate...look forward to seeing them
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Speeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2015 at 4:11pm
Speeder View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Would anyone else have any info/pics on this puppy?
Cheers

Speeder
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2015 at 4:28pm
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Here is Raymarine pro 5 - first time in the salt water today. Still planning on dropping it 3-4mm.
At slow speeds very good.
recharge battery is up in front locker - boat powered by merc 25hp sea pro tiller  no recharge system.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Speeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2015 at 6:56pm
Speeder View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Any pictures of the unit mounted and the battery set up my friend?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2015 at 7:33pm
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The unit is mounted on gunwhale of boat to the right of the rear seat. Just over a metre from tranny.
Batterry is 2.5metres away in the front storage locker-wired back to the unit.
Cant get a photo of them together? but will try to get a photo later of them separately if thats what you want?