Yamaha 30D pull start

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Silver Slayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yamaha 30D pull start
    Posted: 06 Apr 2015 at 7:18pm
Silver Slayer View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Can anyone recommend a Yamaha parts supplier in Auckland pref north shore. The plastic pawl on the pull start mechanism has become dodgy. Do I need to replace the complete pullstart assembly or is this part replaceable?
Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Get in behind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2015 at 7:54pm
Get in behind View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

go see Andrew at Family Boats North Shore. He will supply what you need and wont rip you off. Yamaha Dealer too
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Silver Slayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 4:19pm
Bronze
Bronze

Cheers for that. I went to Fishing Boats NZ on Sunnybrae (I think that's who you mean) and dropped off the pullstart assembly. Parts cost for the pawl and spring were reasonable and the boss may even drop it off to me on his way home once its all been replaced. Too easy! Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Get in behind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 5:44pm
Get in behind View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

That's the guy.
No bull**** dealer and honest too.
Have purchased one boat and two outboards from him.

Have owned that 30hp in the past, great motor.
Good luck
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Silver Slayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 6:25pm
Bronze
Bronze

Cheers.

I was looking at the 50hp electric, trim/tilt while I was there. On my wish list.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Silver Slayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 6:11pm
Bronze
Bronze

Just an update. 
I left pullstart unit at Fishing Boats NZ last week and their bossman dropped it off to me on his way home from work last night, all good to go.  Yamaha parts cost were surprisingly low and the half hour labour cost very pleasing. Bloody awesome service!  Thumbs UpClap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FizFisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 6:15pm
FizFisho View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Fishing boats are the best and have the best yamaha techs.