Sea Strike 18 Build Thread

Page  <1 8910
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2016 at 10:21am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Looks great Mark, what motor/size you going for?
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MarkE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2016 at 12:29pm
MarkE View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanks Kevin. At this stage a Suzuki 115 4s..
Sea Strike 18' Centre Console - Under Construction....Build Thread here
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MarkE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2016 at 9:14pm
MarkE View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

A little more done.
Side pockets are tacked in place ready to glass, Bow eye reinforcement block glassed in and anchor well base glassed down. Will flow coat well before the foredeck goes down.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2016 at 7:01pm
Schampy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hi mark... build is looking great mate.
After owning a ss 16 with a 70 I would be maxing out the horse power if possible. The boat will handle it.  pete from WA has a 135 HO etec on his, does about 33 knots.
Mark bowdidge certainly knows how to design a brilliant hull.
If he did a hardtop  I would sell my surtees and build  one in a hartbeat. If the ss 16 is anything to go by....IMHO the best performing 5m hull i have ever been on..... Then the 18 should be a complete and utter weapon.
 Been more than slighty interested in minn kotas  recently too.
The oz boys are using them instead of anchors....with great results. 
Now is a good time to build the appendage on the bow to take one.
just a thought.
cheers
Lance.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MarkE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 5:19pm
MarkE View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Couple more pics.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 8:48pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That's looking good Mark. Nice big shed you've got to work in aswell.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lickindip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2016 at 12:53am
Lickindip View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

this thread is the one of the reasons I keep looking at the boat shed page ... keep it coming :)
I just read an article about the dangers of drinking too much; it scared the sh*t out of me, so today I decided I'm never f*cking reading again!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 3:32am
BMD View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

G'day Mark,
Your build looks awesome mate.
Looking thru your build, I thought I'd make an important comment. 
1/ Your tank size. I note that your going to install a 120 litre tank. The problem is, the design calls for a 200 litre tank. The reason being, we work on 60% capacity for stability calculations. Overall its really important with such items that you stick to the plans as we design, otherwise you'll end up with issues. If this were a shallow "V" hull or flat bottom, I would not be worried, but with deep v hulls, its important to keep maximum weight down low. 
Just thought I mention it. 

Heres a couple of photo's from Ian here in Brisbane and his Sea Strike 18 which was launched last weekend. With a Mercury 4 stroke 135 HP, she does 36 kts at present. We didn't wind it out as the motor only as 1 hour on the clock, but I calculated the top speed should be approx 39 kts as per Petes Sea Strike 18 with a 135 hp ETEC once the motor is run in.

Ian and Rina standing in front of their Sea Strike 18

[size=150]Aaron and Jades Paint job
Note the reflection  :!: 

The Sea Strike 18 and RipTide CX457
Time to yak boats  :lol: 

The Launching
Here she is floating perfectly on her designed lines  :D 

Walking the Plank - Two up

----------
Latest Launching
On another note, have you seen Kelvins Pro Tournament 26 which was just launched on our forum. With a 300 Hp Yamaha, she does 50 kts (93kph)!!!

All in all though, she looks great. 
Mark
Bowdidge Marine Designs
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 8:53am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Wow, great pics BMD, thanks for your input.

Your boat is looking pretty sharp MarkE!
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote notalloyit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 12:09pm
notalloyit View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

now that's a boat ! very handsome.
BNS Design & Print LTD 0800 733 000   for all printing needs, special rates for website members. Free freight NZ wide.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 6:24pm
Schampy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Gotta love the Sea strikes...... One of the best hulls out there.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 6:31pm
BMD View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Top one Lance.
Loved your build mate !!!
Due to public demand, we're now about to bring out a Sea Strike 21 and 24, but with partially enclosed cabs, yet still a walkabout. Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 7:22pm
Schampy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Excellent  Mark.... Have been keeping an eye on your forums to see how all the builds are progressing....Look forward to seeing your new designs. Cabin will keep family happy.
Cheers
Lance.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Smarsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 1:33pm
Smarsh View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi Lance
I recently bought a sea Strike 16 named gulf war and I’m pretty sure your the guy who built it. I’ve got a few questions about some things on the boat that the previous owner wasn’t sure on.
My emails [email protected], if I could ask you some questions that’d be great.
Cheers
Sam Marsh
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rowboat bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 5:34pm
rowboat bob View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Great looking boats. I think you should seriously look at the new Mercury 115 four stroke . Latest technology , great motors .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote clivo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 8:50pm
clivo View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

hi mark, just purchased your work of art, (seastrike 18)i intend to finish it to the standard you have, did it get a 200ltr tank, and foam under the floor?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OneWayTraffic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 10:50pm
OneWayTraffic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Can't comment on the tank, but I'm pretty sure that he didn't foam under. At least that's what he said when I visited to have a look 5 years back. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MarkE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 11:31pm
MarkE View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by clivo clivo wrote:

hi mark, just purchased your work of art, (seastrike 18)i intend to finish it to the standard you have, did it get a 200ltr tank, and foam under the floor?

Hi Mate, No foam. Weighed up the pros and cons and decided to leave them as just airtight chambers.
The tank wasn't installed when I sold it. If you lift the center section in the floor youll see where it goes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OneWayTraffic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 9:23pm
OneWayTraffic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Has it changed hands twice? It was an awesome build. I'm determined to finish mine or I'll always regret it. I plan to hand it down to whichever descendant will use it most. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MarkE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2020 at 11:32pm
MarkE View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I sold it to sixguns on this forum when i moved south. He sold it recently, so 3rd owner now.
Page  <1 8910